28.4.11

Arkiv instant uniqueness

Arkiv is a young designer from Indonesia, who studied architecture but decides that it was too boring for him. He represents himself by Arkin instant because shelling his toy collections he instantly came with an idea of his debut figure design. He had started painting from architecture school with water color mark and went on to explore many more techniques leading to the development of his cartoon character Arkiv.

As he says “I have always tried to draw things that remind me of my childhood, and things that I like since I was a little kid.” 


I found the images at art asylum here where you can also read his interview. There he responds to what he would do if he wasn’t an artist, that he would be making his portfolio and apply at a job at Philip Stark and when he got the job, he would change all of his designs (laughing). 
Here is his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment